The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

First Page | Prev Page
Entries -13 - 6 of 7

Buddy with his blanket

On March 8, 2016 I lost the best little boy that could ever have entered my life. I adopted him from UYR in January 2004 and had 12 wonderful years with him. He was more than a companion animal...he was my 4-legged friend who knew what I was thinking and was always there to comfort me. He succumbed to chronic pancreatitis which became difficult to manage with his diabetes. Finally, with failing kidneys, he couldn't survive without being on IV fluids. I brought him home from the hospital so we could spend some loving time together before I had to make that last visit to my vet. I will love him always and never forget his sweet kisses and his eyes which were windows into his soul. RIP my Buddy...till we meet again.

Top of page



August 24, 2003 - February 13, 2015

I can clearly remember the day as if it was yesterday when I found Mac on the UYR website for Texas. I saw the look on his face in his picture and knew he was the one. It was Love at first sight, for both Mac and I. When meeting him for the first time, Mac was the only Yorkie running around with a baby (toy) in his mouth. After adopting Mac and bringing him to his forever home we all discovered Mac had such a Wonderful and Loving Personality. He always loved his babies, loved looking in the grocery bags looking for new babies (toys), flinging babies onto entertainment center, running around with a leash in his mouth just because he could. He loved his truck rides with his head out the window, and beeping the horn occasionally. He had a secret love for the UPS and Mailman chasing their trucks and one day jumping into the Mailman’s truck to say hi! He also loved Getting into Grandma’s tissue box, spreading the tissues everywhere and so much More! Always Greeting Everyone at the door wagging his nub with a baby and his Beautiful Smile.

He was such a little fighter. He had diabetes and lost his sight and hearing in 2013 and was burdened with other health issues. He never let that bother him. He was a real trooper. He still always knew when we came home. Mac would get up and find his babies and bring them to us still.

Such a Loving Sweet Boy.

Truly One of a Kind!

A True fighter to the end.

I’m sorry you had to leave me. You have left Big Paw Prints on many Hearts.

Thank You for coming into My Life.

You are Truly Missed!

You Will Always Be My Sunshine Mac

My Everything!

You Rescued Me Mac!

I Will Always Love You!

Until We Meet Again My Little Lovie!

A Sincere Thank You to Everyone that Helps to Save all these Beautiful Babies. Rescue On!



Top of page

Pendleton, formerly Merlin

Pendleton, you were an amazing boy: loving, smart, loyal and sweet. You added so much joy to my life. I love and miss you very much and always will.

Top of page

Jake with Barb and Mike

Jacob 10/19/96-10/19/2009

We adopted Jacob in August of 2003 and drove to Davenport Iowa to get him. It was love at first site the day UYR emailed a picture of him to us. We knew right away we wanted him as part of our family. Jacob was one of a kind...a VERY unique dog. He made all different kinds of sounds for different things he wanted...it was like he was trying to talk. Jake had just one toy he loved which we called Mr. Bear. It was his buddy. He would tease Mike with him, trying to entice him to take it away. Mike would get on the floor, putting his head against Jake's and he could feel how strong that little 9lb dog was when he pushed back. Jake also loved to chase the garden hose. Mike would go in a circle with the hose and Jake would just try to bite the water. It was a riot. Jake was the greatest dog ever & brought us so much joy. He was our little man and his life ended too soon. We will miss him dearly as we loved him so very much.

Barb and Mike Berney

Top of page


Visit this link to see a tribute to Mandy

Top of page


Toby Nicholas Thomas

August 17, 1993 - January 19, 2008

It has been three weeks since our Toby went to Rainbow Bridge. Our journey with Toby started on June 28th 2003 when we took a trip to visit Toby at his foster mom's house in Rootstown Ohio. Louann invited us to visit after we filled out an adoption form.

Our trip was intended to see another fur baby named Nicholas. When we arrived Louann had informed us that Nicholas had been adopted but she had another beautiful baby named Toby. For us, it was love at first sight. However, we didn't have any choice. Toby chose us the second he met us.

Toby was 9 years old and beautiful. His birthday was coming up in August and was the same day as mine. At 10 years old, Toby was still going strong. We would come home to find that Toby wasn't content having two thirds of the house to roam while we were gone. Toby wanted the whole house and would jump the baby gate intended to keep him secure and we would find our little guy sleeping in our bed. We eventually adopted another little girl from Pat in Maryland. Toby and Tia were instant friends.

After we moved to Florida, Toby ended up with two more kids so then it was four. Toby, Tia, Jake and Keebler. What a handful. Each getting their own special love but all sharing Mom's lap and our bed.

Toby turned 14 this past August and his age was starting to show. Eventually, Toby slowed and his temper grew more sour but he always had a kiss for me and Mom.

Sadly, on January 17th, Toby started to have severe seizures so we rushed him to the Dr. Then the following day, Toby had a seizure which lasted 35 minutes. We again rushed him to the Dr who kept our baby overnight. On Toby's last day with us he was in so much pain just crying and howling.

We knew the time had come and that Toby was hurting to much. We took one last drive to the Dr who with loving care, allowed us to hold our baby while he went to sleep. Toby quickly went to sleep forever while we cried. I know we were crying due to our own selfishness but Toby was our first baby and we didn't want to let him go.

Toby was laid to rest near our front door with his head towards the door so he can always come in. Toby is now at the Rainbow bridge, playing and running with out pain just waiting for me and Mom to come get him. His brothers and Sister sometimes look for him and I just know they miss the little old man they loved so much.

Thank You UYR, Louann and Pat for all your help, words of encouragement and for allowing us to have shared our love with Toby.

Ernest and Vickie Thomas

Longwood, Florida

Top of page


Brandon has gone to the "Bridge."

It is with great sadness that UYR bids farewell to our Brandon. Brandon became a Forever Ours with his

wonderful foster mom, Meredith Timm, in 2003. He lived a full and happy life. His foster mom was with him

until the end, letting Brandon know he was loved and cherished.

03/03/06:I have been remiss in updating Brandon’s profile, please forgive. We just have too much fun here. Weather in Florida has been great, Brandon sitting in the sun beams in the second floor bedroom. I will try and get a picture of this at a later date. He is slowing down as he ages. He can’t climb the stairs at all and his favorite thing to do is sit on my 3lb. little girl Samantha. Samantha and Brandon are best friends. Samantha was also rescued by me from a bad situation.

Brandon’s legs are weakening with age and so I do have to play with him to exercise his little feets. His favorite part is the doggie foot rub and tummy massage. He gets a warm bath once a week, which by the way he hates….

I showed him the fish in our pond last week and he was not interested until one floated to the top… yuck…..He took a real interest and wanted to bring it to me.

So long from sunny Florida. Meredith “Gail” Timm, Brandon’s mom, Sandy Pagnotta and Pups: Chisum, Ozzie and Robby


Brandon is doing well in his Forever Ours home. This updated picture of him was right after he was groomed and he loves to show off by posing for the camera since he knows he's so buff then!

Brandon of course sleeps a lot more now (he also snores loudly!) and is a little cranky old man. He does love to be held and still can climb up the stairs to go to his upstairs bed. He has become moody with his eating and taking of meds. His mom gives him a teaspoon of fat free whip cream full of all his meds. He is very loved in his home.


Brandon was a little street stray when someone picked him up and took him to the vet's office, where he stayed for 6 weeks because his former family didn't come forward. The vet's office contacted one of our UYR members who happily picked up this little old man. Brandon is estimated to be between 11 and 12 years old, and only weighs 4#. He has cataracts in both of his eyes, but manages to get around pretty good. Brandon had a sonogram on 10/13, which revealed that he has gallstones, as well as calcification in his kidneys. He also has an enlarged heart. He will need to be on two different antibiotics for life, as well as a special diet and medication (Actigal) for his gallstones. It is hoped that the Actigal will dissolve his gallstones. In a follow-up bile acid test in mid-November, his results were much better. Brandon will need to stay on the same diet and medication that he's on now forever. Because he will require medication and close monitoring for the rest of his life, and because of his fragile medical condition and the necessity for routine testing to make sure he is stable, it has been determined that Brandon will remain in his current foster home as a Forever Ours pup.

Thank you to those that have helped us help Brandon!

Bobbye Davidson, Debbie Forsyth, Sonny Roche, Jewel & her Mommy, Emilie Hammon, Constance Pfeiffer, Susan Henry, David and Janina Greth, Paula Casey, Glenn Knight, Patricia Cumberledge, Marie McKibben, Ann Williams, Joan Monahan, Ann Williams, Ann Williams, Ann Williams, Ann Williams, Ann Williams, Dawn Machado, Jean deVegter, Sandra Allen, Jim Baker, Nelson & Lucy Starbranch, Joyce Sapp, Jim Baker, George J Carroll, Barbara Butler

Foster Mom: Meredith Timm - mtimm@tampabay.rr.com

Top of page